Alesi Takes Pole in Malaysia
Mar 20, 2008 - 11:53:00 AM
Jean Alesi timed the fastest lap at Speedcar Series' qualifying today, putting him on pole position when the first race of the weekend is flagged off.
Alesi clocked a best time of 2:11.342 followed closely by Briton Johnny Herbert, with a 1.39 second gap, leading by 0.01 second over Austrian Mathias Lauda.
The 45 minute qualifying session determined the starting grid for the first race of the weekend tomorrow morning. The top 8 finishers of the first race will be placed in reverse order on the grid for the second race on Friday.
Alesi currently leads the pack with the 18 points scored thus far in the inaugural season. Hot on his heels is German driver Uwe Alzen with 14 points and Mathias Lauda follows in third spot with 12 points.
Pos Driver Team Time
1. J. Alesi Speedcar Team 2:11.342
2. J. Herbert Speedcar Team 2:12.732
3. M. Lauda G.P.C. Team 2:12.742
4. D. Terrien UP Team 2:13.414
5. U. Alzen Phoenix Racing 2:14.014
6. A. Mikola Speedcar Team 2:14.165
7. H. AL Maktoum UP Team 2:14.479
8. U. Katayama Speedcar Team 2:14.597
9. G. Morbidelli Speedcar Team 2:14.602
10. S. Johansson Speedcar Team 2:14.670
11. N. Navarro First Centreville 2:14.673
12. F. Giroix First Centreville 2:15.213
13. M. Lee Speedcar Team 2:16.508
14. C. Danner Phoenix Racing 2:17.072
15. A. Yoong Speedcar Team 2:17.436
16. J. Lehto Speedcar Team 2:17.740
2002 Speed Arena